Whatsapp is the most famous mobile messaging platform till date. But the Question here is do you really know some of the secrets tricks of whatsapp which can take you to the next level. Here you go. i am highlighting most famous whatsapp tricks So far.
Read Whatsapp Messages without the sender finding it out
- Turn on the flight mode on your phone.
- Read the whatsapp message
- Now, turn on the flight mode again.
- No, blue ticks will appear and the sender will not know that you have read his/her whatsapp message.
Now, no more typing needed to send whatsapp message
- Once you tap on the message box, the mic icon appears on the keyboard
- Just click on that mic icon and just talk your message.
- It will be automatically get typed as you speak.
Use whatsapp without any phone Number
Do you know that you can actually use whatsapp without any phone number. Yes you read that right. Follow the steps:
- Uninstall whatsapp from your mobile.
- Download whatsapp from play store.
- Turn the flight mode on.
- Download and install spoof messages app from play store
- Start the installation process.
- Now , It will not be able to verify you via internet and it will prompt you to choose alternate SMS Method.
- Now choose check through sms and enter your email.
- Instantly without waiting for any more time click on cancel and authorization process will stop.
- Now open the spoof messaging app and enter below details.
To: +919876543210 From: +(Country code)(mobile number)Message: Your email addressIt will now verify whatsapp for you and you will start using whatsapp.
Spy on someone else whatsapp
- Borrow your friends’ android phone which you want to spy for just one minute.
- Go to settings —> About phone —> Status—> Wi-Fi MAC address
- Note down the mac address. Keep the phone for few more minutes. we need it man.
- Now go to your phone and uninstall whatsapp.
- Change your Mac id to your friend’s one by spoofing mac.
- Now Download and install whatsapp on your phone. Whatsapp will send the verification code to your friend’s phone.
- verify your downloaded whatsapp by the verification code sent to your friend’s phone.
- You have installed exact replica of your friend’s whatsapp. Now whatever he or she will do, you can track it with your phone. Useful for parents and lovers. Do not use it for illegal purpose.
How to know When he or she read your message
1 – Simply go to conversation chat window of whatsapp and keep the message pressed for some few seconds.
2 – Next On the top right, just click on the 3 vertical dots.
3 – Finally , click on Info
Stop everyone from Knowing you read their message by default
You can also stop whatsapp from showing someone else read notification. Yes no one absolutely can find out you read their message or not. But The only disadvantage is that once you check this option, You also cant determine when your message was read by other.
- Open your WhatsApp and tap three vertical dots icon on the top right of your screen.
- Now move to Settings > Account > Privacy.
- Uncheck Read receipts.
Use Whatsapp Quote feature to quote any message
- For this you need to long press on the selected message. Now if you look at the top section, you will be able to view a new icon. This icon is the Reply icon. Press on it.
- Now you will be allowed to type-in your reply or your comments regarding the selected message. Type in your comment as shown in the screenshot given below.
Mark any message on whatsapp as starred and find it later
- Just Long press any message and mark it as starred.
- Now, you can find it anytime easily from main whatsapp windows. Just Click on Three vertical dots on main window, and click on starred messages.
Want to save Your Mobile Data Usage ? Stop Media Auto download
Are you getting more Mobile data Bills. Well may be whatsapp be the culprit. Millions and Billions of images sent by friends and groups are getting auto downloaded to your phone without your wish. You can very easily stop this by just changing settings here. After that you will only download the images you wish to.
Lock Your whatsapp with a PIN
Some of your whatsapp messages definitely may not be suitable for everyone else in the family, like children, parents, or even spouse and etc. So you can just lock your whatsapp with Lock for whatsapp app.
Recover your deleted messages on Whatsapp
- Connect your mobile with your pc via USB cable.
- Go to folder named whatsapp/Databases
- Two files are there named msgstore-yyyy..dd..db.crypt and msgstore.db.crypt
- msgstore-yyyy..dd..db.crypt file contains all the messages sent or recieved in last 7 days.
- Open it with notepad or wordpad to view and read messages.
Use Multiple Whatsapp account on same Phone
It may be that you have various mobiles with you and in that case a person tends to have more than one whatsapp account. But once you lose the old phone or break the old phone, you always wish to use it in your favorite phone. But is it possible. Yes its possible with help of an app.
- Download and install Parellal spaces app from google play on your phone
- Add accounts over it and run more than one Whatsapp account via it.
Create shortcuts for Frequently contacted friends
Do you know that you can easily create a person’s shortcut on your mobile’s home screen??
- Just keep the contact pressed for few seconds and a pop up menu will appear.
- In it choose Add Conversation Shortcut.
- Your shortcut will get created.
Change Phone Number Keeping the same account
If you have just changed your sim, You need not worry thinking , what will happeen to your account. Whatsapp has a setting in which it allows anyone to change the phone number.
Whatsapp Profile Picture Prank !
- Connect your Phone to PC via USB cable
- Go to WhatsApp -> Profile Pictures folder
- Copy your friend’s profile pic name and delete the profile pic.
- Now make an image of size 561 x 561 Pixel dimension.
- Make it horrible or funny so that your friend gets really scared.
- Show him his profile pic on the phone , he will be shocked.
Extend Whatsapp Validity
- Go to settings>Account>Change number.
- In this whatsapp you have to change your mobile number twice and revert to the same earlier and nothing else.
- Amazingly it tricks whatsapp for extended validity on android.
- Lets say your Phone no. is 8866****** having service expiration Feb 18 ,2016.
- You just have to enter your old number as 8866****** And new no as your second sim no. 9067******.
- Repeat the same process again keeping old number as new and vice versa and bring back your old number which you want to keep.
- Cheers, you have extended your validity for one year from today’s date. ( The date on which you are performing this trick)
Don’t worry this wont delete your history or remove you from any group.
Red Heart Icon expands and animate
The red heart emoticon on whatsapp expands and animates like a beating one. Try it.
Change Whatsapp Chat Background
Go to any chat window. Hit chat wallpaper. It will show by pressing same key on your phone which brings you the menu to status. Once you enter into your friends chat, press the key there. A pop up menu will appear. In it hit on wallpaper and change wallpaper.
Send a message to all your friends at once.
If you wish to send a message to more than one person, then you can use whatsapp broadcast feature.
- For that you have to first create a broadcast list from your contacts.
- Once its ready, go to new broadcast and send message.
- It will be sent to all your friends.
- The only condition is that the person in your broadcast should also have your phone number saved on their phone.
Share your location with your whatsapp friend
You can use this amazing feature in case you are lost while going to meet some friend or relative. You can share your current location , so that he can trace you out in few taps.
- Just tap on the attachment icon. The same one with which you use to attach pictures. From there you can share your location also.
- Note that you must have your GPS enabled for doing this.
Send large files of formats like ZIP, RAR, APK , EXE , PDF, DOC , PPT , XLS
Now everyone knows that we can send images , video and audio via whatspp. But what if we need to share other file formats via whatsapp. Yes, definitely you can send large files of different file formats via whatsapp. Follow these simple steps provided below.
2. Open CloudSend . You will be asked to link the CloudSend app with Dropbox, allow it .
3. Share the file on Cloudsend . The file will be automatically uploaded to your Dropbox account and you will get a link to that file.
4. You can Share this link to his friends or associates or relatives on WhatsApp . On clicking of this link your friend or relative will be able to download the file.
Hide last Seen on Whatsapp
With this trick you can surely hide when you last checked your whatsapp. This becomes handy when you want to remain anonymous about your whatsapp behavior and no one wants to know about this.
For steps see the screen shots below. Click on the three vertical dots on home screen, then click on settings.
Hide your Profile pic from Others
Most of the people don’t even know and don’t care for this useful settings. Impersonators or hackers or spammers can download our pics and use it for illegal purpose. We should surely be using this whatsapp feature to hide profile pic from public view. Follow the screenshots below.
First click on the three vertical dots on home screen of whatsapp. Then Goto the settings > Account > Privacy > Profile photo and Choose my contacts. This is really important for security purpose.
Backup Whatsapp Chats, images and videos on Your Google Drive account
Copy someone else whatsapp status easily on whatsapp web and edit your status there itself
If you like someone’s status on the whatsapp and dont want to hurt your fingers while writing it in your edit status field on your phone, Just log in to https://web.whatsapp.com and then just copy the status.
Now click on your profile pic. Your profile and status will open. Just click On the edit icon and then paste the status then and there.
Send file from PC to Phone and Vice versa via whatsapp
Use Your WhatsApp to transfer file from pc to phone or phone to pc
or just to Compress your pics without any software
first save your own phone number (from which you use WhatsApp ) on your phone with your name.
after saving you will see this option Message +91 *********** with whatsapp icon.
tap on that number and therefore now you can chat with yourself just like you were having with your friends
you can also save notes to yourself just by messaging yourself
Now how to transfer images from pc to mobile/mobile to pc
– open http://web.whatsapp.com on your pc and scan the code.
It will look this
Select attach files, or like upload and send any image to yourself .
Now as you can see I uploaded a 5 MB image and it got compressed to 593KB.
Same can be done to transfer mobile media to pc . Select and upload any file from your mobile and send it to yourself
Select a custom Notification for a particular group
- Keep a group icon pressed for few seconds for the menu to appear.
- Now, click on group info
- Now, choose custom notifications
- Now, check option saying use custom notifications
- Now, click on notification tone and select your fav notification tone for your fav group.
Change Chat Background wallpaper
Click on three vertical dots on top right of whatsapp main window. Now Click Chats and then Click on wallpaper. Now, change the wallpaper by browsing into your mobile gallery.
Now Send Bold, Italics or Strikethrough Text in Whatsapp
- For Sending a Bold Text just add an asterisk (*) before and sfter the text. For example *Hi*
- For sending an italics Text just add an Underscore (_) before and after the text . For example _Hi_
- For sending a strikethorugh text Just add tilde (~) before and after the text. For example ~Hi~
Now, send your message in new font in Whatsapp
Just enclose your message as in given pic below and send your message in a completely new font.
Send and Receive GIFs through Whatsapp
- Launch WhatsApp by clicking on its icon.
- As next, open the chat window of the friend to whom you want to send the GIF to. Click on the attachment icon at the top of the screen.
- From the list of options, choose the Gallery option.
- When the Gallery opens up, apart from the Photos and the Videos tabs, there will be a new tab for GIFs. You can send the GIF from here to your friend just like how you would send a photo or video.
- To play a GIF, you just need to download it and tap on it. That’s it. GIFs are very much similar to other multi media that WhatsApp supports. You can save a GIF, view it, forward it to friends etc just like how you would do with other multi media messages.
Add Snapchat Like Effects For Image And Video Editing
Another cool feature that is taking everybody’s breath away is the doodles and stickers addition to images and video sharing. You can check out all about this feature in detail from our article on the topic New Whatsapp Update Adds Doodles & Stickers To Multimedia Sharing.
Send all your conversation to your email
Most people always wanted to view media and chats on their computer, but they are unaware of a shortcut that can send all the chat history and images, video to your inbox with one single click.
- Just go to whatsapp and press any contact for more than few seconds.
- A pop up menu will appear
- Click on email conversation. Send your conversation via gmail or any other email.
Invite Friends To Join Your Group By Sending Them Invitation Links
Now you can easily invite your friends to join your groups by sending them group invitation links. Check out all about this feature from our article on the topic How To Send Whatsapp Group Invitation Through Links.
Add Flash Effect To Your WhatsApp Selfies
There is no flash light on the front cameras. But you can definitely add a selfie effect to your WhatsApp selfies by clicking on the Flash icon as shown in the screenshot given below.
Back Up Your Conversations To Google Drive
This important feature has been available for Android users for a long time. But for Windows Phone users, this is a newly rolled out feature. To backup your chats to your Google Drive, follow these steps given below.
- Launch WhatsApp and click on the 3 dots icon at the top to expand out a set of options. Click on Settings next.
- As next, click on the Chats option.
- Under the Chats section, click on the Chat backup option.
- Now you just need to click on the BACK UP button to back up your WhatsAppconversations to Google drive.
Mention Friends By Tagging Them In Groups
You can now use the @ symbol in groups to mention your friends and reply to their messages specifically.
Use The Secret Font In Whatsapp To Send Your Messages
You can use this secret font in WhatsApp to send messages to your friends and to amaze them. Follow this article How To Send Your Whatsapp Messages In A Different Font to know how to uncover this hidden feature.
New Camera Tricks
Two new updates have been introduced to the WhatsApp camera:
- You can now change the front and rear camera by just double tapping on the screen, once the WhatsApp camera is opened.
- While recording videos, you can zoom in or zoom out by sliding two fingers up or down.
Use The Message Quote Feature To Reply To Specific MessagesThe message quotes feature is highly helpful in avoiding confusions. You can reply to specific messages using this features. Read all about this feature from How To Use Whatsapp Message Quote Feature.
Save Your Data By Preventing WhatsApp From Sharing It With FacebookYou can prevent WhatsApp from sharing your data with Facebook. To learn how to do this, check out the article on the topic How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook For Ad Targeting.Hope you found the article interesting. Try out all the new WhatsApp features today itself and have fun. If you have any doubts regarding any of the steps, please feel free to leave comments, we would be happy to help. Stay tuned for more useful tricks, tips, and hacks.